Thursday, August 14, 2014

By Fara7: Arab Culture, Meet Fashion

Have any of you ever wondered what would happen if you morphed arab culture with modern day fashion? Enter By Fara7,  a local clothing line that was founded earlier in 2014 by Farah bint Khalid Al-Khalifa. Her line consists of t-shirts, dresses and skirts with prints like cultural jewelry, oud bottles, henna and traditional arab coffee cups emblazoned all over! The cool part is that the line also features bright, block colors as well as colorful confetti strewn all over to give the designs a modern, quirky touch. Talk about some fabulous history, right?

The wonderful team at Obai & Hill were kind enough to gift me a white By Fara7 t-shirt with a huge traditional bracelet vs. sparkly pink star confetti print - the only words I can think of to describe it would be different and super-girly.






By Fara7 T-shirt
Zara Jeans
Hazelnut Collar
Moschino Cover

As soon as I received the top, I thought to go all out with the theme that I wanted to style it with. I threw on acid pink jeans from Zara and a bedazzled collar from Hazelnut to bring out the colors in the white top and make the whole outfit pop (I'm starting to think that I'm a rap god). As for make-up, I added some false lashes and white eyeliner to play up the doll-like femininity of the outfit, and used confetti glitter as highlighter for the cheekbones to play up the confetti print on the t-shirt (I felt like a huge party popper, it was great LOL!).


If you're ever going for a daring "look at me" make-up idea, make sure that all your features complement each other and don't fight for the spotlight.  Keep it different but not overdone because the look will still be bold (and beautiful!) once you've finished.


You can shop By Fara7 and check out all the other cool designs from the collection at Green Diamond Boutique in Seef Mall (1st Floor) and Riffa. The line is also available at S*uce in Dubai.

XO
Zayn Al-Qahtani

1 comment: